Preventative Oral Hygiene
We just want to make you smile…
In order to take care of your oral hygiene please allow 60 minutes for your appointment.
Our hygienists are skilled a diagnosing periodontal (gum) disease, and the treatment will include scaling, root planning, antibiotic pocket therapy and reattachment procedures.
Our hygienists offer:
- Best gums, oral hygiene care and prevent dental decay.
- Education on how to look after teeth
- Preventative maintenance will be provided.
- Fluoride treatments to miserliness teeth and aid in decay resistance.
- A wide range of prevention aids, such as brushes, floss, gels, mouthwashes.
- Regular reminders and ongoing support and encouragement.
- Decay risk assessment outlining.
- Support system for quit smoking campaign.
It’s important to have a regular hygiene checkup to avoid Periodontal (gum) disease, and if left untreated can have significant health implications.
These significant health implications are:
- Cardiovascular disease risks increased the risk of stroke
- Increased risk of heart attack
- Premature birth with low weight babies
- Uncontrolled diabetes in adult diabetics
- An increased risk of infections
- Increased risk of pneumonia
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
- Brushing thoroughly twice a day and flossing daily
- Eating a balanced diet and limiting snacks between meals
- Using dental products that contain fluoride including toothpaste
- Rinsing with a fluoride mouth rinse if your dentist tells you to
- Making sure that your children under 12 drink fluoridated water
Book Your Hygiene Clean Today
At Cosmetic Dental we will schedule you for a 30, 45, or 60 min appointment for your hygiene clean. The different times will reflect the amount of cleaning needed. If we take less time the cost will be less.
At your appointment, we will check your medical history, and ask you if you have any dental issues. To save you time we can often arrange a dental examination at the same time.
The plaque and calculus will be gently removed from your teeth to allow your gums to heal. Foreign bodies such as food impaction, plaque, and calculus causes an immune response which leads to bleeding gums, infection, bad breath and possible bone loss. So eliminating these factors is important, we will check your gums, clean the debris off your teeth and polish them.
We will also teach you how to keep your teeth clean at home to help you maintain a healthy mouth.
An important factor when getting your teeth cleaned is to make it as comfortable for you as possible. Some patients have no sensitivity at all when others have very sensitive teeth. Before we start your dental hygiene clean we will ask you about your past experiences so we can tailor your treatment so it can be as stress-free as possible.
The cost for a hygiene clean are as follows,
30 min clean: $120
45 min clean: $145
60 min clean: $176
For further inquiries or to make a hygienist appointment please call us on 09 524 2515