We just want to make you smile…
In order to take care of your oral hygiene please allow 60 minutes for your appointment.
Our Hygienist, Heather Nicholls is skilled a diagnosing periodontal (gum) disease, and the treatment will include scaling, root planning, antibiotic pocket therapy and reattachment procedures.
Our hygienists offers:
- Best gums, oral hygiene care and prevent dental decay.
- Education on how to look after teeth
- Preventative maintenance will be provided.
- Fluoride treatments to miserliness teeth and aid in decay resistance.
- A wide range of prevention aids, such as brushes, floss, gels, mouth washes.
- Regular reminders and ongoing support and encouragement.
- Decay risk assessment outlining.
- Support system for quit smoking campaign.
It’s important to have a regular hygiene checkup to avoid Periodontal (gum) Disease, and if left untreated can have significant health implications.
These significant health implications are:
- Cardiovascular disease risks increased risk of stroke
- Increased risk of heart attack
- Premature birth with low weight babies
- Uncontrolled diabetes in adult diabetics
- An increased risk of infections
- Increased risk of pneumonia
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
- Brushing thoroughly twice a day and flossing daily
- Eating a balanced diet and limiting snacks between meals
- Using dental products that contain fluoride including toothpaste
- Rinsing with a fluoride mouth rinse if your dentist tells you to
- Making sure that your children under 12 drink fluoridated water
For further inquiries or to make a hygienist appointment please call us on 09 524 2515